Bowers Blackshirts

Regular price $22.95

Bowers High School began fielding a basketball team in 1913. The team was called the “Blackshirts” and wore black and gold uniforms. Bowers High School closed in 1955 and was merged into Darlington High School. After the sectional format for the Indiana state high school basketball tournament was begun in 1915, the first team to win the Crawfordsville sectional other than Crawfordsville or Wingate was Bowers in 1927. This was their only sectional championship. Bowers also won the Montgomery County Tournament once in 1942